No StudioShell-compatible hosts installed?

Apr 5, 2013 at 7:53 AM
Hello,

I've started the StudioShell 1.5.0.1 Setup and I got the error message that no compatible host is installed on my machine. I've VisualStudio 2012 Premium with Update1 installed.

Any suggestions? Thanks!

Best regards

Jan
Coordinator
Apr 6, 2013 at 5:31 PM
Jan;

Thanks for the notification - just to clarify:
  • you are installing from the MSI downloaded from Codeplex, correct?
  • you have VS2012 update 1 installed?
The error you're seeing is shown when the installer can't find the Visual Studio 2012 executable at the following location (If your OS is 32 bit then remove the (x86) from the path):

c:\program files (x86)\Microsoft Visual Studio 11.0\common7\ide\devenv.exe

Can you check if this file is installed at this path, and if it is, please let me know what the file and product versions are for the executable?

Jim
Apr 7, 2013 at 9:35 AM
Thank you for your answer!

Yes I've downloaded the MSI from codeplex. I put also the path to VSIDE folder to the path env variable but I get the same error message. I have the same behavior also on my computer at home.

Best regards

Jan
Coordinator
Apr 8, 2013 at 2:29 PM
Jan;

if you run this script in PowerShell, what is the output?

get-item 'c:\program files (x86)\Microsoft Visual Studio 11.0\common7\ide\devenv.exe' | select *
Apr 8, 2013 at 3:18 PM
Hello beefarino,

Visual Studio is installed on another location on my computer.

Do you expect it on ''c:\program files (x86)\Microsoft Visual Studio 11.0' ?

Best regards

Jan
Coordinator
Apr 8, 2013 at 3:21 PM
Where is it installed on your machine? What is the complete path to devenv.exe?
Apr 8, 2013 at 5:49 PM
The complete path on my machine is: c:\Develop\VisualStudio\common7\ide\devenv.exe.

It's my personal folder structure to have all my devtools under C:\Develop.
Coordinator
Apr 8, 2013 at 5:52 PM
Ah, okay - the installer looks for it under program files. I'll have to see what I can do to make this work for you... Give me a day and I'll have an update.

Apr 8, 2013 at 6:22 PM
Cool! Thank you very much!

Best regards

Jan
Coordinator
Apr 25, 2013 at 9:51 PM
Sorry for the delay, but I've managed to fix the installer so that it now checks the registry for your installation paths. Please download the latest 1.5 release and see if this fixes your issue.
Apr 27, 2013 at 4:33 AM
Thank you very much! The setup runs now on my computer perfectly!