1.3 is a maintenance release that addresses several bugs and feature shortcomings.
- The initial release of 1.3 contained a bug that broke the path topology management mechanism, effectively leaving the following path nodes useless: /solution/codemodel; /selectedItems/codemodel.
- Project folders now support the new-item cmdlet properly.
- The exit command closes the console window but not reset the PowerShell session. A new menu command was added to reset the session. This command effectively associates a new PowerShell runspace with the StudioShell console. The reason the exit command doesn't reset the console session is that there are many features of StudioShell that rely on the underlying PowerShell runspace backing the console. E.g., solution modules.
- The StudioShell console now supports multi-line statements and nested prompting. E.g., if you enter a command and a pipe, the console will prompt you for the next pipeline command.
- The NuGet initialization script would fail if the AddIns folder did not exist. Now the AddIn folder is explicitly created.
- It was not possible to specify a path to an assembly file when adding a reference to the dte:/solution/projects/.../references node. PowerShell would interpret the file path as part of the item path. The reference collection node was modified to accept an assembly path or name in the new-item -value parameter.